Make a Moving Checklist
You’ve found your dream house, now it’s time to move in and make it a Dream Home. Make the process as stress-free and organized as possible by starting early and keeping close tabs on the details. A simple search online for “moving checklist” will arm you with all the information you’ll need, and even advice on how to pack efficiently.
It’s Ok to Dream
When you are out there trying to find a house that is perfect for you and your family, it’s a good idea to prepare a list of all your needs, wants, and don’t-wants. Yes, an open mind is helpful when shopping for a house, but you don’t need to compromise on the things you truly care about. Prioritize your top 5 “must-have” qualities in a home, your top 5 “like to have” qualities, and you top 5 “we absolutely don’t want” qualities, and take the list with you when you go house shopping. You will be able to quickly eliminate homes that don’t fit your needs and wants, and also be able to spot the homes that deserve some greater attention.
Finances, Finances, Finances
When you are buying a home, you may be thinking “location, location, location” or “granite countertops”, but before you can start having fun shopping around, you have to do a little work to get yourself ready financially. Begin your home-buying process by cleaning up your credit report and credit score and you will be able to start off on a solid financial foundation.
Before you buy a home, you may do a lot of daydreaming about what life there will be like, relaxing by the pool or enjoying s’mores made in the wood-burning fireplace. But to know what it will really be like, you’ll have to picture yourself doing the everyday things. How is the commuting experience? What sounds will you be falling asleep to at night? Can you picture yourself hosting Thanksgiving dinner in that size dining room? These are questions you’ll want to answer before you move in.
Call ANYTIME to See ANY house on the market!
1400 Gause Bvd Suite 200 Slidell, LA 70458 USA
Broker & Associate Licensed in Louisiana and in Mississippi(Jeff Puckett)
Licensed by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission and
The Mississippi Real Estate Commission(Jeff Puckett)
- Eight Steps to Getting Your Finances in Order
- Budget Basics Work Sheet
- Eight Ways to Improve Your Credit
- Five Factors that Decide Your Credit Score
- Your Property Wish List
- Tips for Finding the Perfect Neighborhood
- Tips on Buying in a Tight Market
- The Pros and Cons of Condos
- Five Reasons You Need a Real Estate Agent
- Ten Steps to Prepare for Home Ownership
- How Big A Mortgage Can I Afford?
- Seven Reasons to Own Your Own Home
- Five Common First-Time Homebuyer Mistakes
- Ten Tips for First-Time Homebuyers
- Ten Things to Take the Trauma Out of Home Buying
- How High Tech is Your Home?
- Ten Questions to Ask A Home Inspector
- Hidden Home Defects to Watch For
- What Your Home Inspection Should Cover
- How Comprehensive is Your Home Warranty
- Five Property Tax Questions You Need to Ask
- Ten Questions to Ask Your Condo Board
- Ten Questions to Ask Your Lender
- Six Creative Ways to Afford a Home
- Ten Things a Lender Needs from You
- Choices that Will Affect Your Loan
- Five Things to Understand about Homeowners Insurance
- Ten Ways to Lower Your Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Five Things to Understand about Title Insurance
- What Not to Overlook on a Final Walk-through
- Common Closing Costs for Buyers
- What to Keep from Your Closing
- Tips for Packing Like a Pro